Sunday, June 7, 2009

Adventure of the Seas

(Adventure of the Seas)

Defending ourselves by engaging in argument with actively ... [addicted] or otherwise irrational people is as fruitless as donning armor to protect ourselves from a nuclear explosion. (Courage to Change, 3 June)

Stop demanding that people do what they have already demonstrated an unwillingness or inability to do. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today! 3 May)

Very often the business which busy people claim to be doing is not important at all, and sometimes it would be better left undone. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 1 June)
  • Yesterday Melva and I went to yard sales in Bowie, MD. I bought a Phillips CD dubbing machine, with a user's manual, for $30.00. In the evening I did a preliminary test. I was able to play a CD in the left-hand drive. I plugged a headset into the phone jack. That didn't work too well because there is no volume control. Listen to music this way would be a quick way to go deaf. I don't have any blank CDs for this type of device and I no longer know where to buy them because the NWL store that was a mile away closed. I'm going to ask my friend, Charles, for two or three so I can test before I buy another pack. I gave him all my blanks when the machine I bought from him stopped working. If I can get this box to work I'm going to have some fun. I still have many LPs and cassette tapes that I would like to put on CDs.
  • Cyndi went shopping on Saint Thomas. She noticed that the Royal Caribbean ship Adventure of the Seas was in port. She sent an Email to Melva's nephew Jorge asking if he was on that ship. She sent me a copy too. I knew from his posting to The Wall on Facebook that this is the ship he's working on. I sent her a reply. Yesterday was the wedding on St. John island. She returns home on Monday.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: