Sunday, June 21, 2009

Playing With Photos

Photo: Aztech New Media (Yosemite, CA)


I will not expect too much of myself, nor expect to accomplish my improvement all at once, nor without the help of my Higher Power. I must keep reminding myself to accept His help in all I am trying to do. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 21 June)

The achievement of freedom from fear is a lifetime undertaking, one that can never be wholly completed. When under heavy attack, acute illness, or in other conditions of serious insecurity, we shall all react to this emotion -- well or badly, as the case may be. Only the self-deceived will claim perfect freedom from fear. (As Bill Sees it, p. 263 in Daily Reflections, 21 June)


I will take time to clear my mind and focus on what is essential for today. I will release any unimportant thoughts. I will then allow myself to be guided toward the best action I can take for today. Regardless of how simple the answers may seem, I will listen without judgment. I will not take my thoughts for granted, for they may be my only guide. (Courage to Change, 21 June)


Another person's bounty reminds me that wonderful things can happen at any time to anybody. I will appreciate the many gifts I have been given. (Courage to Change, 18 June)


What happened yesterday does not have to happen today unless you believe it must. (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 190)

My life is an unfolding journey of discovery, and I am continually learning more about myself and awakening to my spiritual identity. (Colleen Zuck, et al., Daily Word For Healing, p. 123)

  • Yesterday I didn't find time to post to my two Google blogs. We set up a table at the VFW flea market. About an hour after we set up there was a heavy downpour. All of the vendors, except one, quickly moved indoors. In spite of the rainy weather Melva still had fun and sold lots of plants and a few other items. We went out to eat a late lunch at the SamLina in Riverdale afterwards. I'll unload the minivan today.

  • The Thursday and Friday entries from Mr. Dickie's Blog didn't feed to the my Facebook notes. Once the feed is set up it's out of my control. I don't have any idea what went wrong. I suppose the feed will become operational again in due time.

  • Right now we have blue and pink hydrangeas in bloom, along with coneflowers, white daisies and a red flowering plant whose name slips my mind. We have about a dozen hydrangeas in our yard. All of them were grown by Melva from cuttings.

  • Last night I watched most of a very nice PBS show about Shirley Temple. I know I watched this program at least once before. It's a miracle that she survived all of the explotation by adults during her childhood. In a way this is a tribute to her parents and to her.

  • One time when I developed some film at WalMart I got a free program, Avinci, that makes a short movie from still photos. There can be six photos in each little movie. Once the movie is finished it's shared by sending an Email invitation to others. Last night I reviewed how this program works and created a movie with the iris photos I took this spring.

  • I found the website, Slide.com, and created another ten photo movie. I used the iris photos for this one too. I couldn't find any instructions about how the process worked. I just followed the instructions on the screen as best I could. At the end I noticed that it might be possible to post a link to the movie on Facebook. It worked! The first time I tried the show was in black and white. I tired again using a different template. The second time I didn't lose the color.

  • Several of us are questioning the usefulness of having a UserName URL for facebook. In my case I think I have set the privacy level so only those people who are my friends can see my Facebook postings. The UserName URL displays my profile photo and the thumbnail photos of some of my friends and an invitation to contact me after becoming a Facebook member. Maybe the main purpose of the new UserName feature is to direct more people to Facebook membership.


Mr. Dickie

No comments: