Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Reason to Stay in Shape

Photo: Mr. Dickie (Melva's amarylis in our dining room, April 2009)

A person must possess himself and have a deep sense of security in fundamental principles and values in order to genuinely apologize. (Stephen R. Covey, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, p. 197)

We should be satisfied with the small things in life. The less we need the less trouble we can have. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 23 May)

People strive in this world, not for those things which are truly good, but for the possession of many things which they can call their property. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 30 May)

Stay in shape - you may be working for a long time. (Andrew Frothingham and Tripp Evans, Wake Up and Smell the Coffee, 22 May)
  • I had to take the Toyota back to the dealer. After I had the oil changed it leaked oil on the carport. Now I have a mess to clean up. They said the drain plug was tight enough. While I waited I finished reading the chapter about Google Gmail. I'm undecided about setting up an account.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: