Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - 2009


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
2009

Today, I will let my friends know just how important they are to me. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 16 December)

Clear thinking means we don't allow ourselves to become immersed in negativity or unrealistic expectations. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 14 December)

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. (Hebrews 13:16 (RSV), Daily Guideposts - 2006, 13 December)

******

To everyone who reads Mr. Dickie's Blog either on Google or Facebook we hope the year 2009 has been good to you, that you, your family and friends have had good health and good jobs. To those with health issues we pray that the new year will bring better days.

We appreciate the efforts our friends and family make to stay in touch via letters, telephone calls, Email, blogs, and Facebook. It was great to see more photos this year than ever before.

In spite of another computer disaster when my laptop stopped working I have managed to stay connected to the Internet. This was my year to finally get a high-speed Internet connection from Verizon FIOS. Phone callers to our house like this because after many years the phone line is open.

In October 2008 AOL dropped free website support. This created another mess. The genealogy website I'd maintained on AOL was no longer available. During the year I have been slowly posting some of the information again. Some is on my two Google genealogy blogs and some is on my private Google "group" and "site." If you are interested is seeing the private genealogy information contact me for further instructions. Some documents I made available for the first time.

I've been busy posting to the Internet all year long. I've enjoyed taking an active part in posting to the social networking site, Facebook. On Facebook we kept in touch with relatives in Panama and made friends with several members of the younger generation of our family in this country. As of December 22nd I'd posted over 280 bookmarks to the social bookmarking application Delicious. I posted 208 times to my genealogy "News" blog; 347 times to my Arrow Prayers blog, 124 times to the genealogy "Obits" blog, and 370 times to "Mr. Dickie's" blog. That's approximately 1,330 posts for the year.

It is my hope that if you took the time to find and read anything I posted that you found something interesting, useful or thought provoking from time to time.

Let's stay in touch in 2010.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: