Monday, December 14, 2009

Ancestral Author


Words of wisdom inspire us, but they have value only if we can take them into our hearts and use them in our daily lives. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 6 December)

If you are waiting for something to happen before you begin what you want to do, it will never happen. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 30 November)

******

I'm working on a project to learn more about how to use the genealogy program, Ancestral Author. I recently loaded the program on my working computer. I lost it when my laptop failed. The program reads GEDCOM files and creates either an ancestor or descendant report from them. The program can create a title page, table of contents, end notes and sources and an "every name" index. You can create and include text files for Preface page, Acknowledgment page and Epilogue page. Images can also be included on the text pages you create. The names of people in the report are hyperlinked. The output is a file in the PDF format which can be shared with others. I'd forgotten how to include the text files.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: