Sunday, December 27, 2009

Coming Up For Air


Do something unusual, something different, something special. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 17 November)

My hobbies are creative activities that improve my physical and mental well-being. (Colleen Zuck, et al., Daily Word for Healing, p. 277)

******

I took a Christmas blogging break yesterday. Thanks to everyone who sent Christmas cards, letters and Emails. We especially enjoyed the photographs. I put the photos up on the kitchen wall.

Cyndi came to spend Christmas with us. She arrived on Thursday night and left this morning right after her mother left for work.

Last night I found the Hardesty book I was looking for in the basement. I think there are several biographical articles in the book that can be included in the Buskirk and Foggin GEDCOM I'm working on. I wonder how I missed this information in the past. I haven't mastered editting of the family and marriage data in a GEDCOM. I suppose I could figure it out if I read the GEDCOM specification. I added a Fedorchak article about the Buskirk family to the supplemental section of the genealogy I'm working on.

Cyndi ordered The Del McCoury Band album - Family Circle to give me for Christmas. At the beginning of November I bought myself, Mountain Soul II by Patty Loveless. I got lucky and found it on sale for $10.00. This morning I'm listening to Karen Akers - In a Very Unusual Way, that I bought used on December 17th for $1.41. We weren't able to listen to all of the Christmas music we have on CDs and tapes.

I noticed that one of my genealogy friends from AOL is a Facebook friend of another AOL genealogy buddy. Yesterday I sent a friend request and before long I received a favorable response. I got a big kick out of how Facebook helped me find this friend by showing me the friends of a friend. In the last month I noticed several relatives in this way.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: