Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Keeping Busy


The choices I make today will affect the quality of my future. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 29 November)

******

I'm working on a project to improve the ability of the computer club to keep the information about classes up-to-date. Enrollment for the next series of classes begins on December 8th. There's a link on the Senior Center website that needs to be changed to point to the club's website. We rely on someone else to make that change. The goal is to eliminate redundancy and make it unnecessary to make changes on the Senior Center's website in the future.

I'm interested in learning more about two freeware program I found: CSVed and WhizNote. I downloaded and installed both programs on my computer. The CSV program can read comma, separated, value text files and display them in a database table. The WhizNote program can be used to take notes which can be linked together, much like hyperlinked webpages. Both programs appear to have lots of functionality. There is good documentation. Perhaps I'll write more about them if I can find the time to learn how to use them effectively.

No comments: