Sunday, April 26, 2009

Who's Responsible?


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Omaha, NE)


One of the greatest mistakes people make in their loving unions is in thinking that each is responsible for the other's happiness. (Alexandra Stoddard, The Art of the Possible, p. 191)

If you've done things that don't work, do something else. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 16 April)

In whose good company do you tell stories? What reassurance do friends and stories offer? (Nancy Fester in The Upper Room Disciplines - 2006, 20 April)

You must act as if it is impossible to fail. (Ashanti Proverb, in Acts of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant, 14 April)
  • Yesterday I was finally able to make the decision to donate all of my reel-to-reel tapes and my tape deck to the thrift store. I loaded everything in the back of the minivan and delivered everything to the loading dock. This was a little victory in my battle with the clutter issues.
  • While working in the basement I noticed three bound genealogies that I haven't looked at for some time. They are about the Larson, Kyger and Watson families. I set them in plain sight because I want to review all three of them.
  • I prepared a 94-page Register report about Eli Henthorn and his descendants for my friend Susan. She had trouble receiving the report. She has two Email addresses. After I tested transmission by sending the file to myself I decided to try her second address. She responded last night to let me know she was able to open the PDF file.
  • Because of the recent change to FIOS I needed to test recording with our VCR. Last night I recorded the three and a half hour movie, "The Chronicles of Narnia." The movie is based on the book(s) by C.S. Lewis. I'd thought about going to see the movie at a theater but didn't go. Now I can watch it in the comfort of home. I own a copy of all of the books in "The Chronicles." I haven't read it yet.
  • In the evening I went to both genealogy chats on AOL. While I was in the chatrooms I listened to Bluegrass and Brazilian music on AOL Radio. That's one of the benefits of having a high-speed Internet connection. AOL Radio is now provided by CBS. I noticed that there are radio buttons for setting pre-sets along the right side of the screen. I learned how to set the buttons and installed the two stations.
  • I went for an hour and ten minute walk to Lake Artemesia yesterday. I walked once around the lake before I returned to the car. I think I need to recheck my pedometer. I think it's reporting more miles than I actually walk. I passed the historic College Park Airport where Wilbur and Orville Wright demonstrated one of their early airplanes to members of the government in hopes of selling airplanes to the military.
  • I had trouble getting signed on to the Internet this morning. The computer couldn't find the high-speed connection. I wonder what that's all about.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: