Friday, April 24, 2009

Handicaps


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Suzy our Company B dog in Korea, 1962-1963)

Each of us carries a handicap, although some handicaps are more obvious than others. They can be physical limitations, but they can also be emotions, feelings, or attitudes that impede the full enjoyment and promise of living. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 14 April)


  • During the afternoon I located my Radio Shack headset telephone in the basement. Because the phone line near my computers is again available wanted to install this phone there. It will be nice to once again be able to answer the phone without jumping up and running to the bedroom when the phone rings. I wore that on my right ear during both of the talks.

  • Yesterday evening I enjoyed two phone conversations. I called my Army buddy, Dave, in Oregon and Tom, my college roommate, called me from Kansas using his Magic Jack.

  • This morning a Verizon tech came out to resolve my television installation issues. I upgraded to the larger Verizon set top box for the basement television and I asked him to install the small set top box that didn't work with the basement television on the set in the kitchen. He programmed the remaining remotes to work with the appropriate television sets. I think everything is, more or less, working like I want. Perhaps there are a few minor remote tuning adjustments that I need to make. I hope I will have all of the learning issues resolved by the time Melva returns from Panama.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: