Saturday, April 11, 2009

Stop and Try to Remember

After a long conversation, stop and try to remember what you have just discussed. Don't be surprised if many things, sometimes even everything you have discussed, were meaningless, empty, and trivial, and sometimes even bad. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 16 February)

Once our appetites are out of control, we cannot stop, not even when the pleasure has turned to pain. (Food For Thought, 4 March)

A fool draws his sword aimlessly and is prone to cut himself to death. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 27 February)
  • One of my SanDisk Cruzer thumb drives came with the HP Photosmart program installed. I was able to get this U3 technology program to execute on my laptop computer. This was the first program of this type that I was able to run. I was familiar with the program because I have another copy of the program installed on the laptop itself.
  • I discovered that the Google Documents option can write a PDF file. I did a test. I created a PDF and then sent it to myself via Email. That worked and I saved the file on the laptop. The nice thing about this service is that it's free and there aren't any ads in the document.
  • In the Weekend section of The Washington Post I found more interesting sites to visit in Washington, DC. Many of them were listed with URLs. I posted those to my AOL Favorites. I'll add them to my Delicious bookmarks later on.
  • I've been asking my cousins to answer some genealogy questions. I'd like to bring my personal genealogy file up-to-date. Sometimes it takes several messages to get all of the information I like to record. Genealogy is a tedious hobby.
  • This afternoon Cyndi returns from her vacation in Panama. I'll pick her up at Washington National after 4:00 p.m. It's a long flight with a stop over in Atlanta.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: