Monday, April 6, 2009

Sad News

The essence of all growth is a willingness to make a change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails. (As Bill Sees It, p. 115, in Daily Reflections, 4 March)

I must prepare myself by doing each day what I can to develop physically, mentally, and spiritually. (Alan L. Roeck, Look To This Day, 7 March)

If you want other people to speak well of you, do not speak well of yourself. (Blaise Pascal in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 5 March)
  • The weekend was full of sad news. In the Sunday paper I noticed the death notice for Donald Fusaro a former co-worker at The Library of Congress. He died on 9 March 2009. When I signed on to the Internet I learned from an Email that Steve Dodd, the husband of Family Tree House genealogy chatroom buddy, Cindy, had lost his long battle with cancer. Then my long tiime genealogy friend and Henthorn relative, Eileen Williams, of St. Helen's, England sent me an Instant Message to tell me that her oldest son, Andrew, passed away suddenly at their home about 8:00 p.m. on 4 Apr 2009 at the age of 49 years and 4 days. May God be with the families and friends of the departed in this time of grief.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: