Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Makeover

Willpower cannot eliminate in a day troubles that have taken root and flourished in my life for decades. Things take time. (Courage to Change, 12 April)

A crisis event often explodes the illusions that ... anchor our lives. (Robert Veninga in One More Day by Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, 12 April)

I will devote myself to overcoming my flaws of character and controlling my impulsive words and actions. This will leave me no time to concern myself with remodeling ... [others]. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 8 April)
  • I continued the project to edit the "notes" in my Adam Henthorn file. I finished all of the notes for people with the Henthorn surname. Test reports look good.
  • Why do we insist on keeping things we no longer use? Years ago I recorded lots of music on open-reel tapes. I haven't listened to any of those tapes in years. As a matter of fact there is no longer an amplifier near the tape deck. Maybe it's time to free up some space by getting rid of the tape deck and all the stored tapes. No wonder there's so much clutter when we keep things we no longer use.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: