Saturday, April 9, 2011

Nothing To Celebrate


You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm. (Colette in The Book Of Choices, by Mike Magee, M.D., p. 201)

Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experience. (Ralph Waldo Emerson in The Book Of Choices, by Mike Magee, M.D., p. 233)

Unease, restlessness, boredom, anxiety, dissatisfaction, are the result of unfulfilled wanting. (Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth, p. 47)

When I open a book, I try to approach it with a willingness to grow and change in the process of reading it. I always hope that by the time I finish reading it, I have become a better person, even if I don't remember all I read, I can always go back and browse through my notes and remember the lessons I learned. (Leticia A. Guardiola-Saenz in The Upper Room Disciplines - 2003, p.11)

******

This morning I'm listening to Brooks and Dunn on my Oasis player while the rest of the family catches up on sleep.

Yesterday I uploaded the modified Publications page to the MCC of OGS website. The most significant change I made to the page was to add a Table of Contents and Table of Contents buttons that will facilitate movement on the page. In the course of this project I learned more about how MS Word creates webpages. My next project will be review of the Letters page. It's also a good candidate for the installation of a Table of Contents.

In the course of studying how MS Word works I discovered that I have a copy of the MS Word Art program on my old computer. It might be fun to learn how this program works. There's always something to learn, if I am willing.

There's nothing to celebrate this morning. Last night the House of Representatives failed again to approve the budget for the current year even though we are now more than six months into the fiscal year. At midnight, just before the government would have been compelled to shutdown, they passed another continuing resolution which will keep the country operating until sometime next Thursday. The Republicans, and their Tea Party members, claim this domestic terroism happened because both sides can't agree on money issues. This is a blatant lie. All major money issues were decided some time ago with the Democrats agreeing to cut the budget by thirty-nine billion dollars. At the end of the day they were debating whether to stop or reduce funding to Planned Parenthood and the EPA. They'd already attacked NPR and stripped them of their funding. The truth of the matter is that the entire country is being held hostage by the new Tea Party members of the House of Representatives who certainly don't speak for the majority of the American people. Sometimes when you get your wish, "you get more than you bargained for." Enough is Enough!

Mr. Dickie
9/Apr/2011 7:56

No comments: