Thursday, April 14, 2011

In My Opinion


If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it. (Edgar Watson Howe in The Book Of Choices by Mike Magee, M.D., p. 146)

******

I spent a good deal of time yesterday working on my project to seize control of the management of our money from banks that are no longer serving our best interests. It's shocking how much time I'm spending on these projects. I'm trying to keep in mind that the effort will reap long-term benefits.

All of the contradictory talk coming out of Washington continues to be very upsetting. It's becoming more and more evident that our failure to insist that the members of Congress and the Administration carry out the duties they were elected to perform is now coming home to roost.

In my opinion it's time to:
  • provide affordable health care to everyone,
  • more tightly regulate health care, banking, real estate and stock market business,
  • revamp tax law,
  • install term limits,
  • eliminate earmarks,
  • give the President the line-item veto
  • insist that no wars be started unless debated and approved in Congress.
As I once asked my immediate supervisor, "Do you know when Hell will freeze over?"

Mr. Dickie
14/Apr/2011 7:59

No comments: