Friday, April 22, 2011

Hard Drive Salvage Project

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. (Will Rogers in The Book Of Choices by Mike Magee, M.D., p. 146)

If you really do put a small value upon yourself, rest assured the world will not raise your price. (Anonymous in The Book Of Choices by Mike Magee, M.D., p. 1138

When I am focused on what I am for, rather than what I am against, I am empowered. (Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, Real Magic, p. 315)

Today, I will take one concrete action to further one of my goals. (after Eric V. Copage, Black Pearls, 5 March)

******

Yesterday I didn't post to any of my blogs. I'm also behind in my daily reading.

Eileen, my longtime genealogy friend from England, friended me yesterday on Facebook. We had a nice long chat which brought back fond memories of the many chats we used to have on AOL. I also made friends with Larry, a boyhood friend from our days in Bellevue, Nebraska.

I went to the computer club meeting. Dan Lee gave a very nice presentation about how he removed the hard drive from my old Dell laptop and got it working with his adapter kit and the Senior Center's laptop. This was a demonstration the club had attempted earlier. This time everything worked. At the end of the talk I opened a folder with a genealogy report I created with Ancestral Author. Dan had prepared some photos that he used during the talk. I thought it went well.

Mr. Dickie
22/Apr/2011 8:00

No comments: