Thursday, May 13, 2010

A New Day

Circular flowerbed in the center of the backyard
Shed with hanging birdfeeder in the background
May 2010

Only when we forget what we were taught do we start to have real knowledge. (Henry David Thoreau in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 9 January)

******

Yesterday I walked for 45-minutes in the neighborhood. I stopped to look at the new double-wide concrete driveway that two of the Hispanics poured at the place where they live. They fixed a big mess. We are hopeful that there will soon be new neighbors living in the house next to them. There are no signs of renovation yet on the house on the other side of the the place with the new driveway. This house was rented for a long time has been vacant for months. I'll bet it's a mess inside. During my walk I noticed citation sitckers from the county on one house and one van. I'd hate to find one of those stickers on our property. You can't remove them from a piece of glass. The sticker shreds and leaves the adhesive on the glass.

My friend, Raj, and I talked on the phone last night. Several more folks will be retiring from The Library of Congress next month. I know some of them and worked with one of them.

Cyndi put in a hard week at work. She traveled to Kansas City, MO on Sunday and didn't arrive back at her apartment until after midnight last night.

Another one of my genealogy friends accepted my "friend request" on Facebook. I still have several more requests pending.

I made myself a little database of Email addresses just in case something goes wrong with my AOL or Gmail contact information. I used my CSV program to create the file and I printed out a one-page list of the information. Lately, several of my friends have lost Email addresses. In my list are friends at the computer club and former co-workers at The Library of Congress.

Mr. Dickie
13/May/2010 9:59

No comments: