Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Breaking Bread


The contented, well-adjusted person has no need to look for flaws in others. (One Day At A Time in Al-Anon, 1 April)

******

Sometimes I ask myself why I work on the genealogy of families that aren't my relations. I've never come up with what I consider a good answer. The closest I've come is, "I like working on the puzzle and enjoy seeing how many families of Monroe county, Ohio I can link together." A second possibility is that it's a way to avoid doing the things I should be doing.

Yesterday we stopped at the Vista Gardens shopping center to eat lunch at the Panera. I was pleasantly surprised when I looked behind us, just after we placed our order, and noticed former colleagues and union board members Tim and Linda. We enjoyed the opportunity to eat lunch together.

Mr. Dickie
5/May/2010 7:57

No comments: