Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bank On It!


Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it is impossible for anyone to accomplish. But whatever is possible for another, believe that you, too, are capable of it. (Marcus Aurelius in One Day At A Time in Al-Anon, 24 April)

******

Lots of bank business yesterday.

  • I had to visit one failed bank to tell them that we are willing to continue to do business with them. Otherwise, the federal government would require them to give our money to the state.
  • I called another bank to tell them, "I'm not dead." Otherwise, at some point they would close the Certificate of Deposit accounts and send the money to another state.
  • And, finally I called another bank to let them know that I was willing to let them have my money for another twenty-four months at the paltry interest rate of 1.15%. Otherwise, I could have withdrawn the money and put it in a sock under the mattress.

Is there any reason to feel good about any of this?

Mr. Dickie
12/May/2010 8:55

No comments: