Friday, January 23, 2009

What's That Ringing I Hear?

Just because your home telephone is ringing or there is a knock at your door doesn't mean you have to stop what you're doing to answer it. If you're too busy with other things or simply don't feel like talking, let it ring. The world won't come to an end. If the call is really important, the other person will [leave you a message or] will try [to reach] you again.

Affirmation: When my telephone [or doorbell] rings, I can decide to answer it or not. My privacy is important to me.
(Susan Smith Jones, Choose to Live Each Day Fully, day 22)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, here in the South, sometimes spontaneous visitors don't get to the doorbell.

If you're sitting on your front porch when they walk up, it's pretty hard to pretend you're not at home. Or dead.

(The origin of southern hospitality.)