Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Computer Problems

Today I will start to work at eliminating my negative behaviors. I will avoid being critical of others. I will avoid being judgmental, defensive, angry, short-tempered, vain, and self-involved. I will pay attention to the way I treat the people I come in contact with on a regular basis. I will focus on becoming a person I feel good about, knowing that ultimately I will change and be happier. As I do so, my world will become more serene and peaceful. (Suzanne Somers, 365 Ways to Change Your Life, p. 37)

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something I can do. (Edward Everett Hale, in Body, Mind, and Spirit, 26 December)

Do not act as if you would live ten thousand years. Death hangs over you. While you live, while it is in your power, be good. (Marcus Aureluis, Meditations, IV.17)

  • I'm having some computer problems. Apparently there was excessive paging going on. During the day I ran a defragmentation and did some other hard drive housekeeping. By 4:30 p.m. I was ready to sign back on the Internet to see if there was any improvement.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: