Thursday, January 8, 2009

More Music



Most of us know exactly what it is that creates the pain, confusion, stagnation and disruption in our lives. Whether it is a habit, behavior, relationship or fear, we know. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 5 January)

Though right or wrong, you're bound to find relief in making up your mind. (Thornton Burgess, in Do It Now by Edwin C. Bliss, p. 155)

... a wheelspinning person can carve out a big gap in a day without achieving much. (Edwin C. Bliss, Do It Now, p. 153)

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. (Arthur Schopenhauer in Abounding Grace by M. Scott Peck, p. 255)

  • The little manual that came with my Oasis player isn't very comprehensive. It doesn't say anything about creating sub-directories (folders) to categorize how the music is stored on the device. Yesterday I decided to take a chance and experiment. I used the computer to create a folder called "Dement." I put the songs from two albums by Iris DeMent into the new folder. I was very pleased with myself when it worked. As usual I had some difficulty understanding what buttons to press to move around in the folders on the device. This morning when I went to the dentist I took the player along and played my music through the tape player in the minivan. Cool!


Mr. Dickie

No comments: