Friday, January 2, 2009

Inner Peace

We've all been given a mission of healing ourselves and learning more about love and our connection to God. Inner peace is the result of self-healing. The inner peace of self-healing can restore our connectedness to God and to all other humans and, in accomplishing this common goal, we will bring world peace into reality. We are all responsible for working very hard on ourselves and sharing our discoveries of our personal healing paths with others. (Susan S. Jones, Choose to Live Each Day Fully, page ix)

Some positive results of daily devotional practice that I've observed over time in my own life are these:

  1. I consciously connect with God at least once a day.
  2. I am more grateful.
  3. I receive support and encouragement in tough times.
  4. I am held in a more grounded, peaceful place.
  5. I am nudged to be a kinder, more faithful, and more fruitful person.
  6. I am reminded who I want to be.
  7. I am coming to know God more deeply.
(Susan W.N. Ruach, The Upper Room Disciplines - 2006, p. 12)

No comments: