Friday, January 16, 2009

Computer Club Meeting

Photo: Cyndi (Dick & Melva at The Gaylord Hotel, Prince Georges County, MD - Dec. 2008)

Concentrating on solving the problems of our lives leads us away from apirituality and moves us into a secular mechanical way of thinking. (Thomas Moore in Nourishing the Soul, p. 14)

One of the greatest mistakes we can make is to concern ourselves too much with what was and what might have been, instead of what is and what can be. (Edwin C. Bliss, Doing It Now, p. 160)

Live not as though there were a thousand years ahead of you: Fate is at your elbow; make yourself good while life and power are still yours. (Marcus Aurelius in Abounding Grace by M. Scott Peck, p. 259)

The older I grow, the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom. (H.L. Mencken in Family Feelings by Vanceburg and Silverman)
  • Yesterday I went to the computer club meeting. The speaker was a computer forensic expert. He gave a very nice talk. I volunteered to be a committee member of a group established to come up with recommendations on how to continue the club website. The person who had been doing the website maintenance is no longer available.
  • I finished reading the book, "Doing It Now," by Edwin C. Bliss. The subject matter is "how to cure procrastination." It took me quite some time to complete the book, because other things kept coming up.
  • I made several attempts to upload photographs I took during my trip to Nebraska and Kansas to a Facebook album. Yesterday I was able to use the "fast" upload method to post sets of three or four photos at a time. I'm pretty sure the reason this process doesn't work well is because my access to the Internet is via the telephone.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: