Saturday, March 26, 2011

Walk On

There is work to be done, new ideas to be learned, and for that the problems of yesterday and the fears of tomorrow must be put out of the way. (One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 21 March)

[Think about what needs to be done, do your work, accomplish your tasks and] if there is time left, fill it with walking. It is excellent exercise that is respectful of the body, mindful of the earth below, and well-tolerated by all ages. (Mike Magee, M.D., The Book Of Choices, p. 200)

Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far. (Thomas Jefferson in The Book Of Choices, by Mike Magee, M.D., p. 202)

******

I woke up at 4:00 a.m. this morning. I spent the time trying to catch up on my reading and writing.

Yesterday I did some minor updates to the computer club website. I also installed a Google search box on the homepage. This is a project that I had in mind for some time. On the genealogy homepage that I'm working on I installed and tested the Bing search box. The Google box displays some Google ads. The Bing search box doesn't have any ads. I have no idea which search engine gives the better results. I think I am ready to install the new homepage on the genealogy website. In my opinion this is the most important step in the process of making it easy to maintain the website. The second step is to understand the folder structure and to create the necessary folders to simplify finding the files.

I created a Picasa photo album for the retirement photos I took at The Library of Congress on Thursday. I shared a link to the photos on Facebook.

Melva attended her quilting class. She reported that she had a good time.

Mr. Dickie
26/Mar/2011 6:44

No comments: