Saturday, November 19, 2011

Wayne Taylor & Appaloosa

The more we endure with patience and grace, the stronger we grow and the more we can face.  (Helen Steiner Rice, From The Heart, 12 November)

******

Last night I attended a Bluegrass concert performed by Wayne Taylor & Appaloosa at the Baptist Church in Crofton, MD.  I knew about the performance because Mr. Taylor posted an "event" on Facebook.  The bass and mandolin players came down from Ontario, Canada and the banjo player came from South Carolina.  There were other guests who also performed.  It was a wonderful show of just over two hours.  I took a few pictures during the show.  This time I got up and went to the front.  This made a big difference in how the flash worked.  I enjoyed talking for a few minutes with each of the band members.

Just before intermission they passed the collection plates.  During the break I purchased the latest CD of the band, "It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Day" and the latest CD of mandolin player, Emory Lester, "Reminiscing Today."

Have you listened to any live music lately?  It's a good thing to do.

Mr. Dickie
19 November 2011

No comments: