Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Skype


Saint Elizabeth Seton Chapel at Emmitsburg, MD
(Photo by Mr. Dickie, 7 November 2011)

Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can.  (John Wesley, in Chapter-By-Chapter Bible Commentary by Warren W. Wiersbe, p. 680)

******

Yesterday, during a basement cleaning project Melva brought out three cardboard boxes that were stored under the stairs to the basement.  These were boxes I lost track of many months ago.  Near the top of one of them I found my copy of the 1870 census of Monroe County, Ohio.  I'd been looking for this book for so long I forgot when I noticed it was missing.  I wonder what other genealogy treasures I may find in those boxes.  Melva also found the box containing the ceramic pumpkin we never seem to display for Halloween.

What fun I had last night.  My very good friend from college days, Don Gardner, resolved a problem he was having with Skype and we were able to set up and enjoy a video talk between Missouri and Maryland.  This was my first call outside the local area.  It's a lot of fun.  I'm looking forward to making many other contacts in the future.  Cyndi has Skype working on the netbook too.  She already talked to her friend in Germany.

After downloading some photos from Panama I discovered quite by accident that there is a program that came with the Toshiba laptop that can be used to write music files in either the CDA or MP3 formats to disc.  I successfully tested the program by created two discs of Bill Evans piano music.  I played the MP3 disc in the player in Melva's Toyota.

Aren't we having fun?

Mr. Dickie
9 November 2011

No comments: