Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Winter Weather

Evil leaders could never succeed were it not for weak people who obey their orders. (Warren W. Wiersbe, Chapter-By-Chapter Bible Commentary, p. 209)

******

More winter weather arrived this morning. Schools in our country are closed for the day. I was able to make my taxi run to the subway without incident, followed by a stop at the postoffice to mail a letter. There's another band of winter weather behind this one. Let's hope we don't receive a one-two punch that knocks us out for a few days.

I'm continuing to work on my Conger genealogy file edits. Yesterday I added several obituaries and the information I could glean from them. I also continued the "note" field edit project. I'm now looking at Conger records for people whose first names begin with the letter "J". I'm also working on adding records for people in the ancestor tree of a very famous person in the Conger family.

I'm now Facebook friends with Jim Stevens. Jim was the boss of two of my bosses while we worked at The Library of Congress. I worked for him first at The Navy Yard and later on Capitol Hill.

Mr. Dickie
26/Jan/2011 8:07

No comments: