Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Social Networking

Today keep an open mind in all matters. (Helen Steiner Rice, From The Heart, 7 January)

******

I'm upset with myself because I made several errors the last few days while typing or trying to share some genealogy information with friends. The errors weren't serious, just annoying because they seem to indicate the inability to pay close attention to what I'm doing. As I say sometimes, "I need a proofreader to check my proof reading."

In the last week I've made several new Facebook friends. This is always exciting because time must pass before we know what both parties will get out of the social networking. I particularly like getting back in touch with some of my friends made through the genealogy hobby over the years.

I created a private Carlson-Hagstrom family Group on Facebook. The new group configuration allows more than two people to be in the group chatroom at one time. I'm hopeful that the eighteen people I granted membership will experiment by posting to the group and trying out the chatroom.

Mr. Dickie
11/Jan/2011 9:56

No comments: