Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Rough Day

...today's struggles will bring me the strength to face tomorrow. (Rick Hamlin, Daily Guideposts - 1986, 12 August)

******

I had a rough day yesterday. I was outside visiting with a neighbor. It was overcast and I was wearing sunglasses. It never occurred to me that there was a chance of getting a migraine headache. Anyway, something went wrong and I realized while I was still talking to the neighbor that I was going to have a headache. As soon as I got back to the house I took two Excedrin Migraine tablets and applied a bag of ice to my forehead. I laid in bed for five hours with my eyes closed listening to music on my headset. After the first hour everything was under control and I was reasonably comfortable.

Because I had to be still for five hours it was a good opportunity to listen to some of my music. I selected four CDs.
  • Alicia de Larrocha - Spanish Fireworks
  • Gray Morris _ Why Lady Why
  • John Cowan - Always Take Me Back
  • Berline, Crary and Hickman - Chambergrass

I particularly like The Wind Beneath My Wings on the Gary Morris album and In My Father's Field on the John Cowan album. I shouldn't wait for another headache before I listen to more of my albums.

Mr. Dickie
25/Aug/2010 10:32

No comments: