Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Bad

"The horror of that moment," the King said, "I shall never, never forget."
"You will, though," said the Queen, if you don't make a memorandum of it."
(Lewis Carroll - Through the Looking Glass)

******

I found the Baker folder I lost in Box.Net. I have no idea what happened. Somehow I moved the folder and its three files into the Conger folder. I suppose it was just one of my many "senior moments."

Yesterday I called the county trying to find out if a bulk trash pick-up was scheduled for the eight mattresses, television and couch sitting in front of one of the houses where too many people are living. I found out that a pick-up was scheduled. They wouldn't tell me when. Afterwards I walked across the street to tell Fred that they were going to make the pick-up. He laughed and said, "They already came." Funny! Of course they didn't stop to pick up the junk at the house on the other side of the street. That's going to sit there for a while because that house is not occupied. We are involved in a constant struggle trying to keep the development from turning into a dump.

Facebook installed something that will tell others where you are located. They didn't announce the change and they set the switch to "opt in" rather than "opt out." The arrogance of the guy in charge of Facebook is nothing short of amazing. I guess he can do whatever he wants since he doesn't charge for the service. I think I found the place to turn it off. Since I don't use Facebook from a mobile device it probably doesn't make any difference to me. It's just the principle of the thing.

Mr. Dickie
28/Aug/2010 8:33

No comments: