Tuesday, February 23, 2010

If You'll Recall

"All man's miseries derive from not being able to sit quietly in a room alone." (Blaise Pascal in 10 Secrets For Success and Inner Peace by Dr. Wayne Dyer, p. 51-52)

Life will work for me when I realize ... I have the power to walk right! The power to talk right! And the power to live right! (Iyanla Vanzant, Until today! 3 January)

Too much of my life has been spent in dwelling upon the faults of others. (As Bill Sees It, p. 44)

******

Yesterday we took our 2008 Toyota to the dealer for the recall repair. They replaced the accelerator mechanism with one with a shorter pedal and they replaced a styrofoam pad under the carpet with a thinner pad. They didn't both to remove rocks and gravel from the carpet before they pulled it up. I should have thought of that beforehand and cleaned it myself. We have no confidence that these changes actually fixed the sticking throttle problem. It's ironic that the head of Toyota won't be here to testify before Congress about the problems with the cars until Wednesday. I expect him to be as vague as possible or lie about what's wrong. This morning the newscast announced that there will be further recalls for brake problems. Millions of people are now stuck with cars and vans who's trade-in values will fall. Perhaps it will be difficult to get anyone else to buy these used vehicles. Good grief!

This morning I took the Ford minivan to the dealer to have the recall work done on this vehicle. To say the least we are somewhat stressed that we own two vehicles and both were recalled at the same time. Ford advised owners to not park the minivans in garages or carports until the fix is applied. They said this because they didn't want to buy car owners a new house if the minivan caught on fire and burned the house down. Good grief!

I didn't post anything to my blogs yesterday. I was too involved with the Toyota, going out to breakfast and going shopping at BJ's, the membership store where we buy our bulk items. I did work on keying some genealogy information. I noticed that there was a news item about Facebook having service problems. Some of my friends posted that old pages replaced more recent updates. I suppose that means they had to use their back up.

Mr. Dickie
23/Feb/2010 9:20

No comments: