Monday, February 8, 2010

At A Standstill

Photo: Mr. Dickie (Jim's House on 76th Avenue)

Think back on the instructions and correction a parent has given you ... (Josh McDowell's, Youth Devotions, 15 January)

******

The city has been brought to a standstill by the snow. The subway system is only operating trains below ground at thirty minute intervals. There is, more or less, no bus service. Many cars on the street are still covered with snow. In our neighborhood some folks are still clearing their driveways and sidewalks and some haven't started. The federal government and our county schools are closed today. I predict they will be closed tomorrow too. More snow is predict for later in the week. Oh my!

I rediscovered the family of Seth Ward of Monroe County, Ohio. He is of interest because he married twice, once to a Dougherty and once to a Drum. I have been working on the genealogy of the families of both wives.

My daughter gave me a set of amplified computer speakers. Did you know you can use them as a docking station with your portable MP3 player or CD player?

Mr. Dickie
8/Feb/2010 8:46

No comments: