Thursday, May 19, 2011

Trip To Aberdeen, MD

Only if you resist what happens are you at the mercy of what happens, and the world will determine your happiness and unhappiness. (Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth, p. 200)

******

I didn't do any blog posting yesterday. I was too busy. I took the MARC train to Aberdeen, MD. the train left the station at 6:25 a.m. and arrived at Aberdeen at 7:45. I sat in the station for a while, making a new friend while I waited for high school friend, Thad Greb, to arrive from Pennsylvania. We located the Senior Center on Franklin Street. There was free parking on the street. We sat at a table in the dining room visiting until it was time to go to lunch. I was disappointed when we discovered that the New Ideal Diner was closed for repairs. We went back to the Senior Center where my new friend from the train station was working. He recommended to Thad that we go to eat lunch at the "all you can eat" buffet place across from the WalMart on Route U.S. 40. We enjoyed a nice meal and all of the visiting. I caught the 2:37 p.m. train back to New Carrollton. As I arrived at the train/subway station the T-18 bus arrived. I was getting off the bus at our at our corner about five minutes later. Before the trip I charged the battery in my Oasis player. I listened to music during the entire trip. I brought along a book but never opened it.

The Secret Service speaker at the computer club meeting this afternoon will talk about identity theft. We have had similar talks in the past. They have all been interesting.

Mr. Dickie
19/May/2011 8:41

No comments: