Friday, May 27, 2011

Learning Curve

Character building begins in our infancy and continues until death. (Eleanor Roosevelt in The Book Of Choices by Mike Magee, M.D., p. 216)

... life involves direction, decision, and determination, just like walking a path. (Warren W. Wiersbe, Chapter-By-Chapter Bible Commentary, p. 413)

Before we set out hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy they are, who already possess it. (La Rochefoucauld, The Book Of Choices by Mike Magee, M.D., p. 161)

Most people's lives are cluttered up with things: material things, things to do, things to think about. (Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth, p. 227)

******

Last night Cyndi installed the printer driver on the new computer. I changed the mouse pointer to the color black. Today I'm learning how to control the toolbars on Internet Explorer 9. The new laptop has a 64-bit operating system. We are trying to understand the significance of this, especially on whether it will have an impact on whether I can install older programs.

I discovered yesterday that Gmail was placing Email from Cyndi into the Spam folder. She was using a new address. I had trouble remembering how to access the Spam folder. Eventually I found the spot to click. Once I told Gmail that her Email address was Spam the missing messages moved to the inbox.

Cyndi wants to watch some DVD movies this weekend. She asked me to go to the library to see if I could find four titles. I located and checked out two. I also checked out two books about Windows 7 that I put on "hold" the other day.

I'm considering granting access to my genealogy information on Google Sites to more people. In the past access was by invitation only and very few people ever took the trouble to gain access.

I used both computer screens. On the large screen I opened Internet Explorer 9 and on the smaller screen I opened the copy of MS WordPad that came with the computer. I was able to copy and past from the web page to the word processor. This is a good example of how I plan to use the two monitors together.

Mr. Dickie
27/May/2011 11:04

No comments: