Sunday, May 15, 2011

Putting A Damper On It!


Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it is impossible for anyone to accomplish. But whatever is possible for another, believe that you, too, are capable of it. (Marcus Aurelius in One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 24 April)

******

Yesterday I had plans to go to The Granite Hill Campground west of Gettysburg, PA to listen to Bluegrass music at their 62nd semi-annual concert. Rainy weather was predicted for our area and it looked to me like it would move north into Pennsylvania. Before I could make a decision about what to do I noticed that I had a headache coming on. Having been at Gettysburg in the past when it rained, I remembered that I'd promised myself I wouldn't do that again. Luckily my friend Dave, who was already up there with his wife in their RV, had his cell phone with him. I called to let him know I'd decided to stay home and nurse the headache. He told me they were dry and warm because they were in the RV listening to the music over a channel on the FM radio. That's cool. It's going to rain again today.

I continue to add more links to the genealogy society website. I added one to the Monroe County Historical Society website. I added two to the Monroe county area of USGenWeb, one to the homepage and one to a partial listing of the books in the county library collection of the Monroe County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society. I'm now at the point where I can make changes to most of the existing pages without too much chance of getting into trouble.

This morning, while I'm typing, I'm listening to Kenny G on my Oasis player. I like the idea of being able to listen to music without disturbing anyone else.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the people who live along the flooding rivers and especially to everyone who will be impacted because they started to open the flood gates above Baton Rouge, LA yesterday.

Mr. Dickie
15/May/2011 8:46

No comments: