Sunday, May 29, 2011

Crystal Cathedral Bankruptcy


A man can reach a stage when, ... far from controlling it, he can become a slave to some habit or desire. That way is the inevitable way to ruin, for no man can master anything unless he masters himself. (William Barclay, The Letters to Timothy, p. 217-18)

Few people are as well-rounded as they look. (Richard E. Henthorn after Larsen and Hegarty, Believing In Myself, 20 May)

I will devote myself to overcoming my flaws of chacter and controlling my impulsive words and actions. (One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 8 April)

******

I didn't post to my two blogs yesterday. I did spend some extra time trying to catch up on my daily reading. I made progress but didn't get caught up. I'm using my short attention span and my vision issues as excuses.

I bought a "like-new" trade copy of "A Course in Miracles," for eighty cents yesterday. Maybe I'll pass this copy on to someone else. I own a hard bound copy of the book that I never read.

I read, with some interest, a couple of articles about what's behind the financial troubles and bankruptcy of the Crystal Cathedral Church of Robert Schuller. The property was sold at the end of the week. The amount of debt being carried by this mega-church is mind-boggling.

Mr. Dickie
29/May/2011 9:32

No comments: