Monday, May 9, 2011

Dick's Birthday 2011



Dick's 72nd Birthday Album on Picasa
(Click on the image to view the album.)

"Pain is a mighty fine teacher." (Lady in the Sauna by Julie Garmon found in Daily Guideposts - 2009, 2 February)

The first wealth is health. (Ralph Waldo Emerson in The Book Of Choices by Mike Magee, M.D., p. 82)

Human beings are weak. Goodness and self-control do not come easily to us. (Harold Kushner, To Life!, p. 19)

... avoid "aimless" running around by living purposefully. (Larry Ousely in The Upper Room Disciplines - 2003, 13 February)

Is the past encouraging you or embalming you? (Warren W. Wiersbe, Chapter-By-Chapter Bible Commentary, p. 286)

******

Cyndi surprised us when she took her mother and I out to eat a late lunch at the new Elevation Burger in downtown Hyattsville. We didn't know that the mother's meals were free if their children brought them. The owner also gave Melva a beautiful rose.

After lunch we went to Linson Pool where we parked the car and went for a walk on the paved trail. We walked south toward Hyattsville and Blandensburg. This time we walked past Riverdale Road before we turned around. On the way back to the parking lot we used some of the exercise equipment. The park beside the trail was full of people. There were three baseball games and one soccer game being played. There were several large groups cooking and using the limited number of picnic tables. Most of the people were Spanish speaking. The walk took about seventy minutes and covered a little more than two miles.

After the walk I asked how many calories we burned during the walk. Then I suggested that we go to the YogiBear in College Park to replenish those calories with some frozen yogurt. I had strawberry and Melva had mango/peach. Cyndi tried two flavors.

Our final stop was the new Ledo's Pizza in College Park. Cyndi ordered a salad to take home. It took forever to get our order. I took a tour of the entire restaurant. Then I went outside and sat on a metal bench. Finally Melva came outside to tell me there'd been a problem with the order. They didn't get Cyndi's name right. They wrote "Linda" on the box. Good grief!

I uploaded the birthday photos we took to a new album in Picasa. Some of the photos are similar because I did some editing and cropping. The colored borders were added to the photos using the camera editor. I included a link to the album in this blog posting. I've been investigating methods of using Picasa and Facebook together. It appears that I could accomplish my goal if I had a new computer.

Mr. Dickie
9/May/2011 7:12




No comments: