Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcoming The New Year

This year is a book of clean blank pages on which I will write a record of my experiences and my growth through the daily following of my program. ... I can live my life only one day at a time.  Perhaps my confusion and despair are so great that I will have to take it one hour at a time, or one minute at a time, reminding myself constantly that I have authority over no life but my own. (One Day
At A Time In Al-Anon, 1 January)

******

2012 Reading Program

On December 31st, 2012 I completed my 2012 daily reading program when I finished nine books on that day.  In all I read thirty-three books during the year.

Ambrose, Stephen E. - Pegasus Bridge
Ambrose, Stephen E. - Citizen Soldiers
Ambrose, Stephen E. - D-Day, June 6, 1944
Andrews, Andy - The Traveler's Gift
Anonymous - Twenty-Four Hours A Day
Anonymous - One Day At A Time In Al-Anon
Anonymous - Touchstones
Arnold, Johann Christoph - Escape Routes
Barclay, William - The Revelation of John (Volume 2)
Barclay, William - The Revelation of John (Volume 1)
Bonhoeffer, Dietrich - The Cost of Discipleship
Canfield, Jack, et al. - Chicken Soup for the Father's Soul
Casey, Karen - Keepers of the Wisdom
Chopra, Deepak - The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
Clayton, Ashleigh Bryce - A Gentle Spirit
Creasy, William C. - The Imitation of Christ - Thomas 'A Kempis
Dyer, Wayne W. - Pulling Your Own Strings
Ehrman, Bart D. - God's Problem
King, Larry & Rabbi Irwin Katsof - Powerful Prayers
Kushner, Harold S. - The Lord Is My Shepherd
Miller, Michael - Cloud Computing
Murphy, Audie - To Hell And Back
Nakken, Craig - Finding Your Moral Compass
Ratey, John J. - Shadow Syndromes
Reich, Robert B. - Aftershock
Rooney, Andy - My War
Rule, Ann - Don't Look Behind You
Sachs, Jeffrey D. - The Price of Civilization
Tolstoy, Leo - A Calendar of Wisdom
Vanzant, Iyanla - Until Today!
Various Authors - Daily Guideposts - 2010
Various Authors - Daily Guideposts - 2011
Velez-Mitchell, Jane & Sandra Mohr - Addict Nation - An Intervention For America
Zacharias, Ravi - The End of Reason

2013 Reading Program

I selected twenty-five books for my 2013 daily reading program.  I've only read one of them before.  I'm aware that this is an ambitious goal.  I'm hopeful that my interest and my eyes will be equal to the task.

Anonymous - One Day At A Time In Al-Anon
Buechner, Frederick - Listening To Your Life
Carrington, Rebecca - Promises of Joy
Casey, Karen - Keepers of the Wisdom
Cloud, Dr. Henry & Dr. John Townsend - Boundaries Face To Face
Dyer, Dr. Wayne W. - The Sky's The Limit
Dyer, Dr. Wayne W. - The Power Of Intention
Feiler, Bruce - Learning To Bow
Griffith, Harry & Emily - This Love We Share
Jeremiah, David - Journey - Your Daily Adventure With God
Jones, Laurie Beth - The Path
Maxwell, John C. - Leadership - Promises For Every Day
Moore, Beth - Praying God's Word Day By Day
Moore, Thomas - Dark Nights Of The Soul
Pinkney, Maggie (Compiler) - Pocket Positives For Our Times
Sawyer, John F.A. - Isaiah Volume 2
Sheey, Gail - Understanding Men's Passages
Shield, Benjamin and Richard Carlson - For The Love Of God
Smedes, Lewis B. - A Pretty Good Person
Vanzant, Iyanla - Until Today!
Various Authors - The One Year Book Of Bible Readings
Various Authors - The Upper Room Disciplines - 2003
Various Authors - The Upper Room Disciplines - 2008
Various Authors - Daily Guideposts - 2012
Virtue, Doreen - I'd Change My Life If I Had Time

Blogging Recap

During 2012 I continued my interest in blogging.  I posted to Mr. Dickie's Blog and Arrow Prayers on 363 of the 365 days in the year.  Here's a recap for each of the four blogs, listing in order: 
  • Blog name
  • Current Number of Blog Views
  • Number of Blog Posts
Mr. Dickie's Blog - 34500 - 1654
Arrow Prayers - 20729 - 2457
Henthorn Genealogy News - 51104 - 777
Henthorn Genealogy Obits - 20996 - 294

HenthornFamily Wiki

During the year I became interested in Wiki's and how they could be used for genealogy.  I created the HenthornFamily Wiki. Anyone interested in Henthorn genealogy is invited to contribute to the growth of the Wiki.

Best Wishes for the New Year
Mr. Dickie
1 Jan 2013




No comments: