Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mistake

When you realize you made a mistake and sincerely regret it, your regret means you're willing to change your actions or your perspective so it doesn't happen again. (Rev. Michael Beckwith in For The Love Of God by Shield and Carlson, p. 52)

******
There was a tragic nightclub fire in Brazil over the weekend.  Around 230 people died.  There was only one entrance/exit open. Fire extinguishers were inadequate. The band used pyrotechnics. Road flares in Brazil cost about one dollar. Flares that possibly could be used indoors, if someone wanted to take a chance of setting a building on fire cost, about $35.00 each. News reports this morning indicate that the cheaper road flares were used. As usual, in these nightclub fires, anywhere in the world, there is no lack of stupidity on the part of the club owners and the band members and the fire marshal.

Yesterday I repaired another of the books I'm reading each day, Leadership, by John C. Maxwell. The first ten pages were falling out of this one. I applied a thin stream of Elmer's glue and piled some boxes on top of the book.  This morning when I checked the project it appears to be a success.

I continued to add more information to HenthornFamily Wiki. Yesterday I made available a PDF of Recollections and Comments About Jackson Genealogy by Albert Geddes Macdonald.  It pleases me to be able to once again share some of the projects I accomplished in the past.

Mr. Dickie
30 January 2013

No comments: