Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Self-Conceit

Photo: Mr. Dickie - Blackwater Falls, WV

Part with self-conceit for it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows.  (Epictetus,  in Believing In Myself by Larsen and Hegarty, 8 December) 27 December 2011

******
Last night I woke up at 1:00 a.m.  I didn't get back to sleep until 4:00 a.m.  I turned on the TV and watched an extraordinary two-hour program about the life of Canadian classical pianist, Glenn Gould, on American Masters shown on Maryland Public Television.  

I spent yesterday morning getting paper copies of our Christmas newsletter printed on some Christmas stationary using my own printer.  I went to the grocery store to buy stamps since the post office was closed.  Putting these eleven envelopes in the mailbox should complete the Christmas writing project.  I'm always glad when it's done.  Thanks to everyone who stayed in  touch this holiday season.  We appreciate the effort you made.

Mr. Dickie
27 December 2011


No comments: