Sunday, December 11, 2011

Go Gorillas


...take one concrete action - write a letter, make a call, look up an article - ... [further one of your goals.]  (Eric V. Copage, Black Pearls, 19 November)

******
Last night I watched the last three quarters of the semifinal NCAA, Division II, college football game from Carney Smith Stadium at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, Kansas.  The Gorilla's opponent was Delta State from Mississippi.  I watched the game on ESPN3 using my laptop computer.  I don't remember when I last watched a football game of my alma mater.  I know it has been fifty years since I attended a game at the stadium.  

Pittsburg State University has a long history of fielding excellent football teams going all the way back to 1957, my freshman year.  The school won the NAIA National Championship in 1957 and 1961.  They won the NCAA Division II National Championship in 1991.

Last night they won the semifinal game, 49-23, after playing an impressive second quarter.  They now move on to the NCAA Division II National Championship against Wayne State next Saturday, the 17th of December at 11:00 a.m. in Florence, AL.  The game will be carried on cable on ESPN2.

GO GORILLAS!
Mr. Dickie
11 December 2011

No comments: