Closing The Year
If you have regrets for errors or omissions, review them quickly and dismiss them. In the new year, which lies ahead, there will be no time for futile regrets.
Resolve to live the coming year, one day at a time. Whatever comes, meet it with a serene mind.
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God." (Romans)
(after One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 31 December)
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
2011 Reading Program
This morning I finished reading twelve books which were part of my 2011 daily reading program. In all I read twenty-five books this year. There were four other books on my reading list that I set aside and didn't complete. I also skimmed a number of books on computer subjects, Windows 7 in particular, that I checked out of the county library.
I maintained two lists of the books I was reading. I used the weRead application which I set up to work with Facebook. On my own computer I created a file with the CSVed program. Last night I extracted the following list of books read from the CSV file. I also set the "Read It" switch for all twenty-five books on weRead and "tagged" each one with the tag "2011." This was the first time I'd used tags with weRead. I was pleased that it allowed me to easily find the books read in 2011. I'm going to use LibraryThing to track the books I'm reading in 2012. I've already selected the books and done some of the work to set up the two files I'll use to track my reading program.
- Andrews, Andy - The Noticer
- Anonymous - In God's Care
- Anonymous - One Day At A Time In Al-Anon
- Anonymous (Casey and Vanceburg) - The Promise of a New Day
- Barclay, William - The Letters to the Galatians and Ephesians
- Barclay, William - The Letters to Timothy, Titus and Philemon
- Barclay, William - The Letter to the Hebrews
- Case, Steve - Everything Counts
- Copage, Eric V. - Black Pearls
- Dyer, Wayne W. - Wisdom of the Ages
- Franken, Al - Lies And The Lying Liars Who Tell Them
- Graham, Billy - Hope For Each Day
- Hughes, Selwyn and Thomas Kinkade - Every Day Light
- Kushner, Harold - To Life!
- Larsen, Earnie and Carol Hegarty - Believing In Myself
- Magee, Mike - A Book of Choices
- Martin, Iain C. - Worthy of Their Esteem
- O'Toole, Ph.D., Mary Ellen - Dangerous Instincts
- Rice, Helen Steiner - A Collection of Blessings
- Rice, Helen Steiner - From The Heart
- Thoreau, Henry David - Walden
- Tolle, Eckhart - A New Earth
- Tolstoy, Leo - The Gospel In Brief
- Various Authors - Daily Guideposts - 2009
- Wiersbe, Warren W- Chapter-By-Chapter Bible Commentary
Mr. Dickie's Blog
Thanks to everyone who took an interest in Mr. Dickie's Blog in 2011 on NetworkedBlogs, Facebook or Google. I hope that once in a while I posted something that caused you:
- to think,
- to smile,
- to laugh.
- to learn.
It's my intention to continue posting to this blog and my Arrow Prayers blog on a daily basis in 2012. I hope you'll find my efforts worthy of taking some of your time to see what's on my mind.
Happy New Year
31 December 2011