Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baggage


...a careful examination of our baggage may show that we're bringing along things that are of no use on this trip and will only weigh us down.  (Steve Case, Everything Counts, 24 September)

******
The Prince George's County Genealogical Society meets once a month in the New Carrollton town hall which is located about one mile from our house.  Last night, for the first time in many years, I attended a meeting.  The speaker was a librarian from the Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC.  The president asked the audience to say the Pledge of Allegiance at the start of the meeting.  I don't remember the last time I said the Pledge.  My memory was a little rusty.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible,With Liberty and Justice for all.  June 14, 1954

Mr. Dickie
6 October 2011



No comments: