Thursday, June 9, 2011

Who Profits?


When laws and leaders are unjust, usually the poor suffer and the rich profit. (Warren W. Wiersbe, Chapter-By-Chapter Bible Commentary, p. 432)

... pride does not easily give in to truth. (Warren W. Wiersbe, Chapter-By-Chapter Bible Commentary, p. 276)

Today pay tribute to your mother. Her love touched your life and will continue to influence you forever. (Helen Steiner Rice, From The Heart, 3 May)

There's a difference between making a mistake and making a choice. (after Andy Andrews, The Noticer, p. 117)

[Don't get] ... caught up in mental movie-making. (after Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth, p. 141)

******

We are trying to deal with the extremely hot weather. The plants in the yard are taking a beating. Right not the hydrangeas are blooming. They should probably be watered twice a day. Sometimes I ask myself, "Why am I doing this?" The blooms are beautiful to look at, but it is a lot of work to pull it off.

Getting the new computer set up to work "for me" rather than "against me" is very challenging. Memory issues make it difficult to retain what I read or what I think I have learned. I have a Windows 7 DVD checked out from the library. I think I'll try watching that next.

I'm finding it difficult to stay current with my daily reading program, my journaling, social networking, blogging, Email, and volunteer webmaster duties. I skipped posting to my two Google blogs for three days. Yesterday and the day before I posted directly to the blogs. Usually I type the postings with EditPadLite in order to save them on my computer. Then I upload them to the blogs using the Firefox browser on the old desktop computer.

There was an eviction from a rental house near ours this week. I can't remember when this happened before in our neighborhood, if ever. We lost track of the number of rental properties in our development. Sometimes it's easy to spot them because it is rather evident that more than one family is living in a single family dwelling. Apparently the county authorities have no intention of trying to restrict the number of people living in any house. I try to remind myself that having a house occupied is better than having it vacant or boarded up.

Mr. Dickie
9/Jun/2011 7:50

No comments: