Saturday, February 12, 2011

Strathmore

Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible. (Charles Dickens in The Little Book of Virtues, 4 February)

******

Yesterday we picked Cyndi up after work. During the afternoon she was at a meeting in Frederick, MD. After the meeting she got on the Red Line of the subway at Shady Grove station and rode the train for four stops to the Grosvenor-Strathmore station which is just outside of the Beltway. We met her in the Kiss and Ride area. We used our cellphones to talk to each other after she got off the train. This was the first time any of us had been to this station. I'm interested in this station because the relatively new Strathmore auditorium is across the street. I think I would like to get tickets to attend a musical presentation there. I believe it would be easy to take the Red and Orange subway lines to the event.

Books were on sale for half-price yesterday at the thrift store. I bought three: Black Pearls by Eric V. Copage; The Little Book of Virtues and Wisdom of the Ages by Dr. Wayne Dyer. I have a hunch that I'll find some good quotations in all of them.

Mr. Dickie
12/Feb/2011 8:06

No comments: