Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Humility

Humility is the source of all true greatness: pride is ever impatient, ready to be offended. He who thinks nothing is due to him, never thinks himself ill-treated. (Fenelon in Chapter-By-Chapter Bible Commentary, by Warren W. Wiersbe, p. 276)

******

Last night Melva drove home from work with ice freezing on the car and windshield. During the night some snow fell on top of the frozen rain and sleet. Today the federal government granted liberal leave, the county schools closed. Cyndi was ready to go to the subway earlier than usual. I was doing my morning reading and didn't go out to warm up the minivan. I decided to use Melva's car because it was under the carport. Traffic was light going down the hill and coming back up. The road surface of the hill was a little slipper. Route 450 was clear. The temperature is supposed to warm by noon. I decided to just let the sun melt the ice off the minivan. Melva has a work meeting at 11:00 a.m. She shouldn't have any trouble getting there.

I'm posting some of my descendant charts in the HTML format to MyBox where I can share them with folks I know. Yesterday I posted eleven obituaries to my obituary blog. There are about another thirty-six in the set I found.

Mr. Dickie
22/Feb/2011 8:33

No comments: