Saturday, September 17, 2011

Why'd I Buy That?



Today make the most of small opportunities and tasks.  They could just be the start of great things.  (Helen Steiner Rice, From The Heart, 16 June)

Let us see in others not their little imperfections, but let us find the good things that arouse our best affections.  (Helen Steiner Rice, From The Hear, 14 September)

******
This morning Melva and I went to a multi-person yard sale.  I missed the corner going into the neighborhood.  So much for the extensive map check I did before we left the house.  The ladies at the sale were selling sewing items.  Melva bought an About.com book on quilting and a bag of thread.  I bought a hard cover copy of Iyanla Vanzant's book - The Value in the Valley, a two-light book-light, and a Sharp fax machine which I thought Cyndi needed.  I couldn't reach Cyndi on her cellphone because she was busy at Zumba class.  It turned out she resolved the problem she was having with her fax.  What will we do with two fax machines?  Silly me!

Facebook announced this morning the new way of creating Lists, Subscriptions and Notifications.  I tired it out.  I think I will like it.  In the past I didn't always remember to add people to my Lists when we became Facebook friends.

Mr. Dickie
17 September 2011

No comments: