Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tension



Noise is the background music of tension, anxiety, and rage.  (Larsen and Hegarty, Believing In Myself, 17 August)

[Today I'll] ... undertake only as much as I can accomplish well, without haste or tension.  (One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 30 June)

******

Yesterday I installed an application to allow uploading of photos from my Picasa 3 albums on the computer to Facebook.  It worked.  I'm not certain whether this is something I'll use.

Last night I listened to the Jim Lauderdale during the opening of the weekly Music City Roots show from Nashville, TN.  He sang a song he wrote King of Broken Hearts in honor of the 80th birthday of George Jones.  The song is about George.  I didn't know that and I didn't know Jim Lauderdale wrote the song.  I did know it had been recorded by several artists.  George Strait sings the song in the movie he made and Wayne Taylor sang the song on one of the albums by The Country Current.  It's a great song and both George Strait and Wayne Taylor hit their marks while singing it.  I like both versions.

King of Broken Hearts
Written by: Jim Lauderdale
Sung by: George Strait
About: George Jones


Cyndi and I went for a long walk yesterday.  We walked the Northeast Branch Trail from Good Luck Road to Decatur Street and back.  It took about an hour and a half.  We saw the pumping station at the Edmondston community for the first time.  It must be impressive when all three turbines are running at the same time.

Mr. Dickie
15 September 2011



No comments: