Friday, September 2, 2011

Serious Times

Whatever you do takes time, and yet it is always now. (Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth, p. 266)

In any realm of life success depends on obedience to the word of the expert.  (William Barclay, The Letter to the Hebrews, p. 34)

No Man Need Stay The Way He Is, (Title of a Fosdick sermon in The Letters To Timothy by William Barclay, p. 251)

Each of us must make our way through these serious times, carefully ordering our priorities and doing what we need to do to safeguard our spiritual growth.  (Casey and Vanceburg, The Promise Of A New Day, 6 August)
******

Yesterday I spent the afternoon in Bowie, MD.  I attended the computer club meeting at the Senior Center.  I assisted with setting up and breaking down the room.  Florence brought her desktop computer running Windows XP. We connected the computer to the projector.  She needed some help with with the use of her floppy and CD drives.  The computer was quite slow even when it was hard wired to the Internet.  After the meeting Bob B. made several changes in an attempt to eliminate the problems.  

After the club meeting I went to the libraries in Bowie and Crofton to return books and CDs.  I checked out ten more CDs from Crofton.  I selected several CDs by country artists who are new to me.

This is my second day using the new Blogger editor.  I like it so far.  The Label entry works better and the formatting commands are better.  The Preview displays how the page will actually look.  Overall I give them a "thumbs up."

Mr. Dickie
2 September 2011

No comments: