Thursday, June 3, 2010

Retirement Luncheon


You must become the producer, director, and actor in the unfolding story of your life. (Dr. Wayne Dyer, Staying On The Path, p. 78)

******

I skipped blogging yesterday. Melva dropped me off at the New Carrollton subway station on her way to work. I used my new plastic SmartTrip card to pay for my trips. I went to The Library of Congress to visit with friends and attend the retirement luncheon for Kathy Loh. If I counted the number of tables correctly about forty attended. Al Banks, Katy Culp, Erlinda Del Rosario, myself and the guest of honor all worked for Dennis Chin at the same time and we all were there to help Kathy celebrate her thirty-one years of government service. After tomorrow Al will be the only one still working. He's in charge of Information Techology Services now. On the way home I took the T-18 bus for the mile ride up the hill from the subway station to the stop about a block from the house. Just like old times. Melva called me to see what I was doing when I was about a half block from home. We both thought that was funny. It was great to see and visit with my former coworkers. It's hard to believe that I retired about fourteen years ago in 1993.

Mr. Dickie
3/Jun/2010 10:37

No comments: